Magento is written in PHP. it is an open-source ecommerce cms software. This is one of the most popular open e-commerce cms in the e-commerce industry. This software is built using the Zend Framework. magento was originally developed by Varien Inc. It is a private company, it was released in software on March 31, 2008. in the last 11 years, more than 1000,000 online stores have been created on this platform. Magento has evolved over time, bringing feature-enhancements and upgrades from time to time. The biggest jump since its debut was released as Magento 2. Magento 2.0 was released on November 17, 2015. Some of the major updates in Magento 2 includes following:
- Reduced table locking issues
- Improved page caching
- Faster checkout time
- Performance and scalability
- Product import/export at an amazing speed
- Seamless Integrations
- Bundled, grouped products, many specific attributes for every product
- Optimize search engine
- Responsive Design
- Enterprise-grade scalability
- Inbuilt rich snippets for structured data
- New file structure with easier customization
- CSS Preprocessing using LESS & CSS URL resolver
- Improved performance and a more structured code base
- MySQL or MariaDB relational database management system
- Magento V2 applies the conventions of object-oriented programming and model–view–controller architecture.
- Also uses the entity–attribute–value model to store data
And now the current version is running 2.3.3 includes more than 170 functional fixes to the core product and 75 security enhancements. This release provides support for PHP 7.3.x in additional to PHP 7.2.x. It also introduced PSD2 compliance for core payment methods and the deprecation of the non-PSD2-compliant Cybersource and eWay payment modules. Varnish support for v6.2.0 has been added. We strongly recommend that all merchants upgrade their store to Magento 2, if not done already.
Magento covers the three levels of businesses:
- Small business
Magento provides rich features and advanced functionalities for e-commerce platforms. it has emerged as one of the preferred e-commerce platforms. Another reason for its popularity is that it is constantly engaged in making efforts for growing itself. Its latest version, Magento 2 has ushered in a new revolution for online e-commerce and business websites. If you are looking to speed, security, and scalability for your e-commerce website, it is the best solution for you. At Website Pandas, we create high-performance Magento 2 websites from scratch or help you migrate your existing Magento store to the upgraded version.