Google Analytics Insights – Take Data Driven Decisions to Fuel Your Performance
Google Analytics Intelligence is a set of features that uses machine learning and conditions you define to help you refine and act on your data.
Google Analytics Intelligence presents two types of insights:
- Automated insights: When Google Analytics Intelligence detects unusual changes or emerging trends in your data and then it notifies you automatically, on the Insights dashboard, within the Google Analytics platform.
- Custom insights: When you create conditions that detect changes in your data that are important to you, then the conditions are triggered and you view the insights on the Insights dashboard, and you will optionally receive email alerts. You can build up to 50 custom insights per property.
View insights into Analytics
You can find the Analytics Insights card On the Google Analytics Home page.
This insights card includes the most-recent insights.
To view a full list of Analytics insights, manage insights, or create new custom insights, click View all insights at the bottom of the insights card.
This Analytics Insights dashboard shows the latest automated and custom insights for your property. The Insights dashboard is refreshed in real-time as new insights are triggered, and when Analytics detects interesting insights.
You can click the Insights cards to see the full details.
Click Load more to view older insights. Insights are sustained for one year after they are generated.
Each time you interact with an insight, Analytics Intelligence learns your interest which ones you’re most interested in and ranks your new insights accordingly.
Create your own custom insights
You can define your own sets of rules to generate custom insights.
- Go to the Insights card, click View all insights.
- Then click Create.
- To utilize one of the suggested custom insights:
- Choose the check box for each insight you want to create, and then click Create selected.
- If you want to utilize a suggestion as a template, click Review and create in the row for that insight. You can modify the insight condition if necessary using the instructions starting with Step 5, then click Create.
- To build your own custom insight, under Start from scratch, click Create new.
- Define the condition that generates the insight:
- Evaluation frequency: Select how often data is evaluated per the condition you create: Hourly, Daily, Weekly, and Monthly. Hourly evaluation is available just for web data.
- Select segment: By default, the segment is All Users. Click Change to choose other dimensions and dimension values. You can also define whether to include or exclude the segment.
- Metric: Choose the metric, condition, and value to define the threshold that triggers the insight. For example 30-days active users – Percentage (%) decrease more than – 20.
- If you have chosen anomaly for the condition, then Analytics intelligence determines when the change in the metric is anomalous, and you need not enter a value.
- Enter the name for the insight.
- Manage Analytics insights notifications. By default, all users on a property can view all triggered custom insights into the Insight dashboard. If there are users who should notify by email, then enter their email addresses.
- Click Create in the upper right corner.
Presently hourly custom insights for app events are unavailable
Google Analytics usually receives app events with some delay due to several reasons, including apps being used in offline mode. Delay in the collection of app events would conclude in an inaccurate evaluation of the custom insight, thus triggering false notifications. That’s why; hourly custom insights for app events are unavailable at this time.
Manage custom insights
For every custom insight, you can turn on or off email notification for property users, and you can delete the insight.
- On the Analytics Insights card, click View all insights.
- Click Manage to open all custom insights for the property.
- Choose the Email Notifications to switch to on or off.
- Click Delete to delete an Analytics insight.
If you want to make data-driven decisions and skyrocket your performance based on data, please reach out to us by filling the form and we will assist you in discovering insights for your business to take your business to next level.