Responsive Web Design
Responsive web design (also referred as ‘RWD’) is a way to web design that renders web pages well on different devices or screen sizes. In other words, a responsive design adjusts its layout automatically as per the screen size of the device used by user to access a particular website. In earlier days, businesses used to create multiple mobile sites for different screen sizes. The way water takes the shape of the utensil its kept in, similarly the responsive web design adopts the layout as per the screen size of the device. Responsive web design, not only saves the extra cost but also helps in consistent branding across different devices.
In the modern world, user experience and user engagement is a top priority. Smart phones have changed the way; the customers interact with businesses globally. While people are on the move always, they spend maximum time on their smart phones, doing pretty much everything, such as social networking, business networking, managing business, checking emails, purchasing groceries, booking travel, etc. Google also give extra boost to the websites with responsive design.
Sites designed with RWD create fluid, ratio-based grids, flexible images, and CSS3 media queries, expanding @ media rule, to visualize the layout environment in the following ways:
- The concept of a fluid grid calls for a page element that is in relative units like percentages, rather than absolute units like pixels or dots.
- Flexible images are also sized in relative units to prevent them from being displayed outside their element.
- Media queries allow the page to use different CSS style rules depending on the features of the device being displayed on that site.
- The responsive layout automatically adjusts and adapts to any device screen size, be it a desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone.
- Responsive web design has become more important as the volume of mobile traffic is now equal to more than half of the total Internet traffic. Therefore, Google announced MobileGeddon in 2015 and started promoting ratings of sites that were compatible with search from a mobile device.
- Responsive web design user interface is an example of plasticity.
Our surreal designers and developers can assist you to either create a beautiful responsive design for your web presence or change your current static website into beautiful responsive design with fluid images and graphics that will truly depict your brand story across different devices and engage with your customers globally.
Why businesses prefer responsive web designs?
- Smooth User Experience
- Support Multi-Device
- One Website to Rule All Devices
- Increases Sales / Conversion Rates
- Increase Visibility in Search Engines
- Enhances Mobile Search Rankings
- Recommended By Google
- Reduces Bounce Rate