Identifying and defining your target market is the first step to draft your product descriptions. You should identify and highlight features that would interest your potential buyers and get them to take action.
It begins with knowing your buyer persona that lists down the characteristics of your potential customers. Your buyer persona gives a good understanding of which features will be valuable to your target customers.
When drafting your product copy, keep the following in mind;
- How did these visitors arrive at your page?
- What were their interests, in general?
- Why would they be specifically interested in your Shopify store?
- How would they describe your product to someone?
- What features or benefits of your product would interest them the most?
With these in mind, you will be able to come up with a decent copy for your product.
Remember that your buyer persona is not someone who happened to arrive at your Shopify store to buy an indoor plant. It is someone interested in all-natural home remedies, and hence, is looking for specific information in your product description. You cracked this sale because your product copy gave him/her the information he/she wanted. Rather than focusing on the decorative aspects of the indoor plant, your product description should focus on features that appealed most to your buyers.